COMPETITION OFFICIAL RULES
FOR BOTH FILM AND TV CATEGORIES
- ANYONE AGES 16 AND 17, CAN SUBMIT BUT MUST HAVE PARENTAL CONSENT, AND SUBMIT A SIGNED PARENTAL CONSENT LETTER DURING THE SCRIPT SUBMISSION PROCESS AS INDICATED.
- PLEASE READ THESE COMMON RULES/GUIDELINES AND COMPETITION OFFICIAL RULES (“OFFICIAL RULES”) CAREFULLY, AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING SUBMISSION PROCESS, PROCEDURES, AWARDS/PRIZES, ETC.
- These Official Rules state that the process for any dispute between you and Sponsors (defined below) regarding the Competition must be resolved in binding arbitration on an individual basis, and in any event may not proceed on a class basis or otherwise seek class-wide relief.
Doval Bacall Films is the sponsor of this competition and will be referred to as “Sponsor” in these official rules, where appropriate.
“Your Script Produced !” Worldwide Screenwriting Competition will be referred to as “Competition” in these official rules, where appropriate.
Competition was launched to discover and produce the overlooked talented writers along with those who have no access to present and introduce their completed scripts to get developed and ultimately produced whom otherwise would have gone unnoticed!
- WE WANT TO DISCOVER YOU!
- WE WANT TO DEVELOP YOU!
- GRAND PRIZE WINNERS…. WE WANT TO PRODUCE YOU!
SUBMIT YOUR SCRIPT TODAY!
FILM CATEGORY: The Grand Prize Winning Screenplay will be purchased by Sponsor for Ten Thousand U.S Dollars ($10,000 USD). “Sponsor” will potentially produce the script as a feature-length motion picture (“Grand Prize Winner”) for Two Hundred Thousand U.S Dollars ($250,000.00 USD). Winner will be included in the process of making the feature-length motion picture as a consultant and will also receive writing credit.
TV CATEGORY: $1,000 USD will be awarded to the grand prize winner. Our sponsor will option the winning script for $1 for a duration of 12 months (1 year extension if needed.) Winner will be included in the process of developing the tv show as a consultant and will receive writing credit. Winner will learn hands on experience.
CLICK HERE to see the full list of Awards/Prizes for both Film and TV categories.
The Entry period for the competition begins November 1, 2018 at 12AM Pacific Standard Time and ends June 15, 2019 at 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time.
The site’s server clock, countdown, shall serve as the official time keeping device for the competition.
For Submission dates & Fees, go to Film Q&A and TV Q&A for more information.
QUARTER-FINALISTS: July 15, 2019
SEMI-FINALISTS: August 1, 2019
TOP FIFTY FINALISTS: August 15
1ST PLACE CATEGORY FINALISTS AND GRAND PRIZE WINNERS: August 30th, 2019
The entry fee must be paid online via credit card or debit card only.
- Open to everyone worldwide 18 years old and older with internet access. Except where prohibited.
- If you’re only 16 or 17 years of age, must attach a signed parental form required during the submission process,
- Competition open to all non-union members with an original script can enter by submitting a fee.
- No limit to earned income as a writer.
CLICK HERE FOR TV Q & A page for more information.
CLICK HERE FOR FILM Q&A page more information
“Initial Submission”: To enter the competition, each participant must submit/and or acknowledge the following materials at the site during the submission period for both FILM/TV
- Acknowledgement and acceptance of these Official Rules; and
- Acknowledgement and declaration that the screenplay submitted is your original work.
- You are submitting the Script voluntarily on a non-confidential basis.
- You are at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- You have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this agreement, and you agree to abide and be bound the terms and conditions herein.
- Read Q&A for both Film and TV to also understand script technical and procedural requirements/process. MUST READ.
- Include entry fee.
FILM CATEGORY: An Original Screenplay for a feature-length motion picture that feasibly can be produced with an all-in budget of up to Quarter Million Dollars ($250,000.00). Further technical requirements for the film screenplay submission are described in the FILM SCRIPTS Q&A TAB.
TV CATEGORY: Our sponsor, along with a seasoned TV producer, will potentially fund, develop, package, and produce the TV show within 12-24 months if it meets creative/business guidelines set forth by the sponsor. When option is exercised, sponsor will purchase the winning TV script for $10,000.00 USD.
- Limitless entries to how many submissions a participant can submit. Each Film/TV script submission must be accompanied with a submission fee. The more submissions you enter, the more chances to win the ultimate grand prize.
- New drafts, substitutions or corrected pages will not be accepted after initial script submission. Competition or Sponsor are not responsible for submissions that are incomplete, lost, unintelligible, or misdirected.
- Any improvement to an already submitted script will not be accepted and no refund will be issued. Once the script is submitted, thats final.
- FILM category: original screenplay can be in any of the following genre: Action / Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Sci-fi / Fantasy, Thriller /Horror.
- TV Category: original script can be in any of the following formats: 60 Minute show, 30-minute show, and Reality show format.
- FILM category: Feature Length Screenplay may be in any genre, but must be intended for production as a live action (not animated) motion picture capable of securing an MPAA rating of “R,” “PG-13,” “PG,” or “G.”
- TV category: Scripts may be in any of the format listed in the submission form and submission guidelines, but must be intended for production as a live action (not animated) and suitable for kids, adults, and families. Not having nudity or profanity to be able to capture a release through SVOD and BASIC TV NETWORK.
Script Rights / Original work:
Scripts must not have been previously produced as a live stage production, theatrical motion picture, television or online program.
Scripts must not have won a previous screenwriting competition.
Participant will inform competition If his or her script is a winner in another competition. Competition reserve the right to disqualify the screenplay.
If any of the above occurs, competition reserves the right to remove the screenplay from advancing to the next level and no refunds issued.
Participant acknowledges that Sponsor and Competition Entities may have motion pictures, television programs, and other creative materials in development or production that include ideas, concepts, plots, characters, settings, and themes similar to participant’s screenplay and the participant will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with sponsor because of nay such similarities. Nothing in these official Rules or related materials shall create an implied or express contract to compensate participants for their screenplays, except as specifically described in these official rules.
Competition and Sponsors recommend that Participants register their Screenplays with the U.S. Copyright Office or the Writers Guild of America. If you live outside of USA, Register with the appropriate office within your state or country.
“Transfer of script rights”
Participants must retain all rights to their Screenplay throughout the Competition, so that if the Participant wins the grand prize, Participant can assign rights in and to the Screenplay to sponsor/producer to produce the winning Screenplay, free of any limitations, restrictions or third party obligations, when Sponsor purchases the script.
Feature Length Screenplay:
- Screenplay must be in standard feature length (85-130 pages)
- 12 point Courier font
- Must be in English only,
- Formatted to industry standard using software such as Final Draft, Celtx, etc
- While we will accept all screenplays no matter the format, but we do recommend adhering to Industry format standards.
- Script page count for each category:
- 1 Hour Original Show: 45-55 pages
- ½ Hour Original Show: 20-25 pages
- Reality Show:10-15 pages / treatment
- 12 point Courier font
- Must be in English only
- Formatted to industry standard using software such as Final Draft, Celtx, etc
- While we will accept all scripts no matter the format, but we do recommend adhering to Industry format standards.
- Initial submissions that do not conform to technical requirements in these official rules will be automatically disqualified with no refunds.
- Each initial submission that satisfies all the requirements in these rules will be reviewed by an experienced industry script reader and ranked based on the following criteria on a scale from 10 (poor) to 100 (outstanding), with each professional script reader assigning a score for each of the listed criteria that will be added together to arrive at a total score for the submission (with a minimum score of 10 and a maximum score of 100):
3. All scripts will be read once in the initial round. Screenplay submissions with the highest score based on the Criteria listed above will advance to the second round: Quarterfinalists announced on July 15, 2019.
4. Scripts that advance to the second round, Quarter Finalists, will be read two times, (1) by script reader. (2) by Your Script Produced! Team staff. Scripts that advance to the third round, Semi Finalists round, will be announced on August 1, 2019.
5. Scripts that advance to third round, Semi Finalists, will be read three times. (1) by a script reader. (2) by Your Script Produced! Team competition staff member. (3) by seasoned professionals active in the film industry. Scripts that advance to round 4, TOP 50 FINALISTS, will be announced August 15, 2019.
6. Scripts that advance to round 4, Top 50 Finalists, will be read three times, (1) Judging panel, the judges will be an assortment of entertainment industry professionals, filmmakers and festival programmers. (2) Competition staff. (3) By our sponsor, Doval Bacall Films in-house producers.
Scripts that advance to round 5, Category Finalists, the final round, the decision to choose the GRAND PRIZE WINNERS for both film and TV categories will be a unanimous vote/decision made by the Judges, Doval Bacall Films in-house producers, and by Producer Doval Bacall.
7. Final Decision to choose the Grand Prize winners will be at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Final decision cannot be challenged, as the final decision set forth by Sponsor will be the final irreversible decision.
8. Once the Participants reach the TOP 50 Finalists category, Your script produced LLC will perform background check/Clearance. Competition and Sponsor have the right to disqualify with no refunds any participant who may have current charges pending against him or her.
Also, If the participant speaks negatively of the competition or sole sponsor in any way, may be disqualified from the competition, without any refunds.
9. Sponsor will request a copy of proof of ownership of the script to be emailed via email to Finalists@yourscriptproduced.com to validate that the writer(s) have 100 percent full ownership to the script submitted into the competition. If the participant fails to provide such document within 5 days from the time requested, then the participant forfeits their position within the competition and will be disqualified with no refunds.
There will be one (2) Grand Prizes awarded in this Competition for both Film and TV Categories:
- FILM CATEGORY: Sponsor (or sponsors successor) will enter into a standard purchase agreement with the winner to acquire all rights, title, and interest in and to the screenplay (“purchase agreement”) for $10,000 USD (“Screenplay Purchase Price”).
- TV CATEGORY: $1,000 USD will be awarded to the grand prize winner. Our sponsor will option the winning script for $1 for a duration of 12 months (1 year extension if needed.) Winner will be included in the process of developing the tv show as a consultant and will receive writing credit. Winner will learn hands on experience.
If the winner does not execute the Purchase Agreement for any reason, the winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize, and sponsor(s) reserve the right to award the Prize to one of the Category finalists in both Film and TV as an alternate winner, decision based on sponsor’s choosing.
The feature film screenplay purchase price and any fees paid to Winner to perform development and/or production services in connection with the grand prize winning script will be included within the budget of $250,000.00 funded by the Sponsor.
FILM CATEGORY: Development/pre production for the grand prize winning feature film screenplay will
commence same year the winners are announced.
TV CATEGORY: Our sponsor, along with a seasoned TV producer, will potentially fund, develop, package, and produce the TV show within 12-24 months if it meets creative/business guidelines set forth by the sponsor.
The Prize will be awarded subject to the condition that the winner is and remains in compliance with
the official rules. The prize cannot be substituted, shared, assigned, transferred, or exchanged. If the
winner is found to be ineligible or in violation of the representations and warranties in these official
rules, winner will forfeit his or her entitlement to the prize.
If the Winner engages in (1) criminal conduct; (2) behavior (or makes statements), including, without
limitation, on social media platforms that is obnoxious, inappropriate, threatening, or illegal, or which
shocks, insults, or offends a substantial portion of the community or reflects unfavorably on winner and
sponsor(s) in a significant and material way; (3) behavior that is intended to abuse, threaten, or harass
any other person, Competition/sponsor reserves the right to terminate participants right to receive the
prize. In either case, sponsor will determine in sponsors sole discretion whether to award the prize to
the participant next highest score winner or one of the category finalists, or another alternative if such
second place winner is disqualified.
Winner will be required to sign and deliver additional documents to confirm Winner’s grant of rights
to the Screenplay and other submitted materials to producer (“Additional Documents”). If winner does
not complete and return additional Documents within 5 business days after Producer’s (or its
designee’s) request, Winner hereby irrevocable appoints Producer as Winner’s attorney in fact with the
full power to execute, acknowledge the additional Documents and to record the additional documents
in the U.S Copyright Office or elsewhere.
Winner is solely responsible for all federal state, and/or local taxes that may be come due as a result
of Winner’s receipt of the prize. An IRS form 1099, or any other form necessary (if outside of U.S.A) may
be issued in the name of the Winner for the value of the prize and for any other compensation or funds
provided to the winner in connection with the Competition or Project.
Consent to use Name and Likeness
Except where legally prohibited, each participant grants permission to producer, sponsor(s), competition
to use participants name, address, photograph, voice, likeness, and prize information for advertising,
promotional, or other purposes in all forms of media, now know or developed later, worldwide, without
further compensation, notice or permission.
Representations and Warranties
By entering the Competition, participant represents and warrants that: (a) except for elements that are
in the public domain, all elements of the script are wholly original and are not a copy of imitation of
other material; (b) Participant has the right to grant all rights granted to sponsor in these official rules
and sponsor may exercise such rights without obligation or liability to any third party; (c) the script will
not defame nor infringe the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, copyright, privacy
rights, false light; (d) the script is not the subject of any threatened litigation or dispute that could give
rise to a litigation.; (e) Participant has not previously sold or transferred rights to the Script to any third
party; (f) Participant has satisfied all eligibility requirements in these rules at the time of entry into the
competition and will notify competition and or sponsor if circumstances change which would make
participant ineligible; (g) Participant created the script without knowledge of the competition.
No obligation to use
The Sponsor guarantees the production of the grand prize winning script which is fully funded by the
sponsor. But, The Sponsor reserves the right not to produce, release, or otherwise exhibit, distribute or
exploit the winning script. Although the sponsor intends to produce the Grand Prize winning scrip, but
we have to include this clause as a safety precaution for events beyond the competition or sponsor’s control.
By entering the competition, participant consents to the use of any information submitted in connection
with the competition as described in these official rules.
Participant will indemnify and hold harmless the released parties (competition and sponsor) from any
third party claims arising from participants failure to comply with the eligibility requirements and/or
breach of the representations, warranties, and covenants in these official rules.
Compliance with Rules
All determinations by competition and sponsor shall be in their sole and absolute discretion and shall be
final and binding on all participants. By entering the competition, each participant agrees to be bound
by these rules and accept all decisions regarding the competition as binding, final and not subject to
challenge, review or appeal.
Competition, and sponsor may, in its sole discretion, amend, delete, suspend or otherwise modify or
replace these rules prior to or during the competition, whether in writing or orally, and participants shall
be bound thereby.
All disputes concerning the interpretation, validity and enforcement of these rules or the rights and
obligations of participants, Competition, sponsor or the released parties in connection with the
competition will be resolved in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Michigan, USA, without
giving affect to Any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application
off any other laws.
Limitations of Liability
The Released Parties, Your Script Produced! LLC and Doval Bacall Films LLC are not responsible for: (a)
any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in
part, from Participant’s participation in the Competition; (b) technical failures of any kind; (c) technical
or human error that may occur in the administration of the Competition or processing of submissions;
(d) incorrect information, whether caused by Participants, printing errors or any equipment used in the
Competition; or (e) any inability of the Winner to accept or use any prize for any reason.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS COMPETITION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT COMPETITION, SPONSORS,
COMPETITION ENTITIES AND THEIR PARENT COMPANY, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES,
CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL,
FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE
OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL
HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY
LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL
INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM
OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS COMPETITION OR ANY COMPETITION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS
BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE
NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR
INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS COMPETITION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE
RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT,
INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR
TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS
COMPETITION OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM
No Rescission or Injunctive Relief
All rights granted to sponsor under these Official rules are irrevocably vested at the time of submission.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, no breach by sponsor of these official rules will entitle
participants to equitable relief, whether injunctive or otherwise; and participants explicitly waives the
right to seek or obtain any form of equitable relief, including the right to enjoin the development,
production, exploitation our marketing of the script/project. Participants’ sole remedy for any breach of
these official rules or any other dispute related to this competition and sponsor shall be an action at law
for solely for compensatory damages. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Participant
expressly waives all rights to seek incidental, consequential, special, punitive damages, or lost profits.
Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Suspension / Termination
Sponsors have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Competition, if an event beyond Sponsors’
control prevents Competition and or Sponsors from continuing with the Competition (e.g., fire, flood,
labor dispute, war, terrorist threat) (each, a “force majeure event”).
Additionally, Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Competition, or any part
of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control impairs the
integrity or proper functioning of the Competition, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE
ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPETITION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF
THE COMPETITION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN
ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY
SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Sponsors reserve the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to
tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website associated with the Competition, and/or the
legitimate operation of the Competition; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or
disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any
reason, the Competition is not capable of running as planned, Sponsors may, in their sole discretion,
void any suspect entries and (a) modify the Competition or suspend the Competition to address the
impairment and then resume the Competition in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these
Official Rules; or (b) terminate the Competition altogether and not award the Prize, or select the Winner
based on the non-suspect Scripts submitted as of the effective termination date and full refund would
be issued for all submissions if sponsor terminates the competition.
Again, Sponsor sole reason to engage in this competition is to discover talented new writers, and the
above needs to be mentioned to protect the competition and sponsor if any violates stated here in the
Official Rules Tab.